Aquatics Category Manager Easton, PA
This position will partner with the directors of sales and marketing on planning and attaining budgeted sales goals, developing demand planning projections, enhancing margins, devising a successful vendor/product mix within the Aquatics Pet Supplies categories and developing promotional campaigns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to develop category business plans on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis for specific regions/territories as well as for the corporation as a whole.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to develop and maintain strategies to enhance, weekly, monthly and seasonal merchandising programs that will deliver industry leading results
- Institute a plan to optimize SKU mix to enhance sales, increase turns and reduce obsolete inventory issues
- Continually seek out new vendors/products to add to the organizations portfolio and create the “Best in Class” product listing in the pet industry
- Analyze both customer order and vendor delivery patterns to help the buying staff improve inventory turns, receiving efficiencies and product availability.
- Help develop demand planning forecasts to effectively manage on hand inventory levels that are affected by circumstances such as: price increases, buying show demand and promotional activities.
Establish strategic alliances with vendors within his/her assigned categories
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing or Finance. An MBA or similar business degree is a plus.
- Travel that includes: visits to the organizations seven distribution facilities across the eastern half of the country, corporate buying shows and industry trade shows.
- A background in successfully managing short term and long term strategic planning within an organization with a multi-location distribution network.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a relevant category management position.
- Experience in the Aquatics Pet Supply business necessary.
Applying is easy!
Please send resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org