Bulk Shipping Manager – 2nd Shift Easton, PA
Position Summary: Responsible to run day to day operation in warehouse efficiently and in accordance with Phillips Feed guidelines, policies and procedures. Ensure operations run safely and attain improved efficiencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, directing work, plan and implement procedures and systems to maximize operating efficiencies; monitor and appraising staff performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Provides consistent performance feedback and dedicates appropriate time to developing skills of subordinates to maximize potential.
- Oversee second shift bulk picking, freezer picking, checking, and loading operation and be accountable for the productivity levels of the employees.
- Provide consistent performance feedback and dedicate appropriate time to developing skills of employees
- Assist with interviewing, hiring, training, leading, coaching, appraising performance, rewarding, disciplining, addressing complaints, resolving problems and motivating employees
- Promote and ensure all warehouse safety and food safety standards are met and/or exceeded
- Each shift, collect all pertinent productivity and safety data: e.g.: Picker Product sheets and safety inspection sheets
- Leads by example and always make the safe choice. Develops and maintains a safety culture that includes no recordable accidents and no loss time injuries. Corrects unsafe behavior and enforce all safety rules and regulations. Promotes and participates actively in all safety programs and activities and include everyone in your department. Teaches safety and corrects unsafe behavior. Eliminates any known safety hazards or as directed by the EH&S Specialist or safety committee.
- Bachelor’s degree with a production or logistics emphasis is preferred but Associate’s degree may be considered with required years of experience.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in distribution operations.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Possess an operational understanding of AS400 and A+ or equivalent WMS experience.
- Strong process improvement, leadership and management skills are essential.
- Knowledgeable in 5S practices and competencies.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com