CDL Class A Driver Spartanburg, SC
Full-Time, hourly position. The primary function of the driver is to operate a tractor-trailer over distances between the Company facility and customer locations which include retail pet stores, veterinary clinics, animal grooming boutiques, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate a tractor-trailer over varying distances between the Company facility and customer delivery and pickup locations.
- Ensure that workload that is tendered to you is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to promote safety through a clean MVR as well as minimizing company liability through accident and injury-free performance.
- Responsible for unloading product at each delivery stop either by use of a manual or electric power jack or by hand unloading/carrying individual items to a designated location within the customer delivery location.
- Handle customer returns as per company policy.
- Provide superior customer service during delivery and pickup operations which includes a professional appearance and attitude; and polite and courteous disposition.
- Maintain all certifications required by DOT, FMCSA, OSHA and company safety programs.
- Prepare all required assigned documentation, including daily logs and reports, in accordance with Phillips Feed policies.
- Maintain and protect all company property entrusted to driver.
Skills and Experience:
- CDL Class A or B License with minimum of one year driving experience.
- Must have an excellent driving record.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs and push/pull up to 300 lbs when needed.
- Solid understanding and compliance with Department of Transportation regulations and requirements.
- Must be a team player.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations/circumstances.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Must be available for single day routes as well as layover routes.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org