Database Administrator Easton, PA
Position Summary: This position is responsible for providing the planning, coordination, utilization and administration of company’s relational databases including: Microsoft SQL Server databases, DB2 databases and other file access methods. Database administration (DBA) ensures appropriate definition, organization, security, integrity, operational efficiency, operational support, scheduling and documentation of the databases. DBA also acts as the arbiter over the structure and contents of critical databases, establishing and enforcing rules, standards and guidelines. The position establishes written guidelines for the overall use of database management systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the integrity of data base files through the daily monitoring of database backups, logs, journals and transaction statistics.
- Implements database backup and recovery plans, and performs database recoveries and coordination with other areas of the IT department.
- Directs the maintenance and the installation of new releases of database software.
- Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
- Approve, schedule, plan, and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems, such as the installation of new databases.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Participates in a safety culture that includes no recordable accidents and no loss time injuries. Always make the safe choice.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Four years of database administration experience
- MS SQL Server experience a must, SQL scripting desired
- DB/2 experience a plus
- Committed to high quality standards
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Excellent accuracy, dependability and reliability
To apply, submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com