Inventory Accounting Manager Easton, PA
Position Summary: The Inventory Accounting Manager is responsible for all financial aspects of inventory company-wide.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts month end close process which includes posting inventory related journal entries, inventory and cost of goods report preparation, and book to physical inventory reconciliations; with accuracy within specified time constraints.
- Generates, reviews, analyzes and communicates financial data related to inventory and cost of goods.
- Uses judgment and strong professional skills in determining appropriate procedures for preparation of accounting records, research of transactions and reporting.
- Reviews accounting transactions, identify inconsistencies and communicate to management as appropriate.
- Obtains and maintains a thorough understanding of the financial transactions within the ERP system.
- Creates Key Inventory metrics, by facility, to assist in the measurement of Distribution centers.
- Works with warehouse operations to prepare and execute consistent procedures related to inventory management and control to be used in all warehouses.
- Works with Warehouse Operations to prepare and execute consistent procedures to cycle count warehouse locations on a scheduled basis with published results.
- Assists warehouse operation in resolution of old transfers and open uncleared purchases.
- Works with the Inventory Control and Warehouse Operation teams to identify and mitigate causes of inventory shrink.
- Analyzes and assist on reporting on inventory shrink to corporate and distribution center operations managers.
- Develops and maintains necessary controls to insure accurate valuation of inventory and reporting of same at period end.
- Develops and maintains necessary controls to insure the integrity and accuracy of perpetual inventory records.
- Assist in developing methods to monitor and control loss from damaged inventory.
- Develop and monitor procedures to ensure accurate count and valuation of inventory being purchased via acquisitions.
- Develops and/or improves systems, processes and policies to increase the effectiveness and efficiency and enhances the workflow of the accounting activities, in conjunction with management.
- Assists with the preparation of the monthly reporting package; strives to improve the efficiency and accuracy of all reporting and analysis.
- Performs multiple assignments concurrently.
- Assists with the year-end financial audit.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university.
- Five to ten years of related accounting experience with increasing responsibilities.
- Advanced knowledge of computer programs, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work accurately in a fast-paced, deadline intensive environment.
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to travel in the U.S. – up to 10%.
- Knowledge of web-based programs, software and database applications and technologies; AS400 experience a plus.
To apply, send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org