Merchandiser-Valley Pet Bethlehem, PA
Position Summary: Assisting Route Driver, set-up or break down merchandising product as instructed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Driver in delivery and packing out of pet supplies to assigned stores in territory in accordance to designated call frequency and Phillips Feed procedures
- Perform minor resets on shelf to ensure proper space allocation of VPS SKU’s
- Communicate with District Manager on all potential reset opportunities.
- Refill and stock all secondary display locations such as clip, shippers or ropes
- Fill-in for Driver vacations occasionally.
- Work with team performing grocery resets.
- Participates in a safety culture that includes no recordable accidents and no loss time injuries. Always make the safe choice. Ensures proper PPE is used at all times. Watches out for co-workers and warn them when there are any safety issues or hazards. Participates actively in all safety programs and activities.
- Other duties as assigned
Key Competencies (knowledge, skills and abilities that every person in this position must possess in order to be successful)
- Strong merchandising skills and reset ability.
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent communication both written and verbally
- Excellent Time Management and prioritization skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees
- Excellent customer service skills and phone etiquette
- High school diploma or GED required; Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
- Professional appearance and demeanor required
- Two years merchandising experience preferred
- Computer knowledge, proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook
Overnight travel of one to two nights per week is required in this role
To apply send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org