Production Manager – 2nd Shift Easton, PA
Position Summary: Responsible for managing production activities and achieving production targets in quality, productivity, efficiency, capacity, safety, cost control, staff development, and customer service. Assist with coordinating the planning and implementation of assigned activities helping to ensure the successful completion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include determine staffing requirements, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, directing work, plan and implement procedures and systems to maximize operating efficiencies; monitor and appraising staff performance, set goals and objectives; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Provides consistent performance feedback and dedicates appropriate time to developing skills of subordinates to maximize potential.
- Evaluates current business processes and systems and makes recommendations for efficiency improvements and/or cost reductions
- Review performance data (financial, sales and activity reports) to monitor and measure productivity, goal progress and activity levels
- Provides enterprise level modeling for making customers and their needs a primary focus.
- Manages buffer sorter, production planning and load consolidation.
- Coordinates repack and pallet picks to match Route departure.
- Oversees Quality Control of all pallet consolidation and loading integrity.
- Monitors exceptions in MSC
- Manages route releases in Jennifer Voice System.
- Leads by example and always make the safe choice. Develops and maintains a safety culture that includes no recordable accidents and no loss time injuries. Corrects unsafe behavior and enforce all safety rules and regulations. Promotes and participates actively in all safety programs and activities and include everyone in your department. Ensures that all supervisors also lead by example, teach safety, and correct unsafe behavior. Eliminates any known safety hazards or as directed by the EH&S Specialist or safety committee.
- Bachelor’s degree with a production or logistics emphasis is preferred but Associate’s degree may be considered with required years of experience.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in distribution operations.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Possess an operational understanding of AS400 and A+ or equivalent WMS experience.
- Strong process improvement, leadership and management skills are essential.
- Knowledgeable in 5S practices and competencies.
To apply, submit resume with cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com