Senior Staff Accountant Easton, PA
Position Summary: The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for monthly closing of financial books, financial analysis and account reconciliations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts month end close process which includes posting journal entries, financial statement preparation, and accruals; with accuracy within specified time constraints
- Generates, reviews, analyzes and communicates financial data
- Uses judgment and strong professional skills in determining appropriate procedures for preparation of accounting records, research of transactions and reporting
- Reviews accounting transactions, identify inconsistencies and communicate to management as appropriate
- Obtains and maintains a thorough understanding of the financial transactions within the ERP system.
- Develops and/or improves systems, processes and policies to increase the effectiveness and efficiency and enhances the workflow of the accounting activities, in conjunction with management
- Assists with the preparation of the monthly reporting package; strives to improve the efficiency and accuracy of all reporting and analysis
- Performs account reconciliation through to journal adjustments on a monthly basis accurately; auditing for completeness. Communicates issues and inconsistencies, as appropriate
- Performs multiple assignments concurrently
- Assists with the year-end financial audit
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university
- Five to ten years of related accounting experience with increasing responsibilities
- Advanced knowledge of computer programs, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work accurately in a fast-paced, deadline intensive environment
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge of web-based programs, software and database applications and technologies; AS400 experience a plus.
To apply, send resume,cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com