Sr. Credit & Collections Manager Easton, PA
Position Summary: The Senior Credit Manager position is accountable for the entire credit granting process, including the consistent application of a credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers, with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses.
The Senior Credit Manager is responsible for the overall health of the trade receivable portfolio of the organization. This position supervises the credit and collections processes and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. The Senior Credit Manager will have contact with senior-level positions and the company’s Executive Leadership and Corporate Controller which requires strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a department organizational structure sufficient to meet all goals and objectives.
- Properly motivate the credit and collections staff.
- Measure department performance with appropriate metrics to ensure department goals are being met.
- Provide for ongoing training of the credit and collections staff.
- Manage relations with collection agencies, sales department and attorneys, as required.
- In conjunction with the CFO and Controller, create, maintain, and enforce the corporate credit policy.
- Recommend changes in the credit policy to senior management.
- Create and maintain a corporate credit scoring model to determine credit granting on new and existing customers.
- Manage customer credit files and collection agency placing activities.
- Perform periodic credit reviews; proactively identify areas of concern within the receivables portfolio and make recommendations for solutions.
- Monitor deductions being taken and disputes by customers; develop a tracking process to ensure disputes and deductions do not age and are resolved timely.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial transactions within the ERP system.
- Develop and/ or improve operational systems, processes and policies to increase the effectiveness and efficiency and enhance the workflow of the accounting operational activities.
- Collaborate with the other department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources, while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university.
- Five to seven years’ supervisory experience; with prior experience in Credit & Collections Management.
- Must be PC proficient. Must have advanced experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience with large automated accounting systems a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills.
- AS400 experience a plus.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com