PIJAC, the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council, has created a great resource on Covid-19 and it’s impacts to the pet industry.
The content below is a snapshot of the page as of 3/23/2020. Please click on the following link to view the up to date page.
COVID-19 AND PETS: INFORMATION, RESOURCES AND ACTION ITEMS FROM PIJAC
The health and well-being of everyone in the responsible pet care community, and the animals we care for, is of the utmost important to us here at PIJAC.
We are monitoring, sharing information, and taking action around the clock as the novel coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic rapidly evolves. We will continue to work with our public health and government agency partners to share updates with you as new information emerges.
If you are coming to this page looking to request to add your name to our Open Letter to Federal, State and Local Government Officials Regarding Pets and COVID-19 Precautions, please scroll down to access the form.
Protecting Human and Pet Health
- NEW: PIJAC resource document Recommendations to Protect Employees, Customers and Animals in Your Care (March 21)
- Resources and guidance on COVID-19 and Pets. Information to help you prepare and protect yourself, your family, your colleagues, your pets and the animals in your care.
- CDC’s website on animals and coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)
- CDC’s FAQ on COVID-19 and Animals
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) COVID-19 information and resources
Business Continuity Information and Resources
- NEW: State and Local Government Business Guidance, Assistance, Resources (March 21)
- Open letter to government officials regarding COVID-19 and Pets in PDF format. (Gray “download PDF” button on upper right of page). Send this to your local and state government officials. It will be updated frequently with new signatures that are submitted via the form below.
- PIJAC supports this letter to government officials regarding the continued supply of safe, healthy, affordable food, and other essential items. Posted by the Pet Food Institute here.
- PIJAC supports this letter to the President from organizations representing the retail community regarding economic stimulus packages.